Our parish is beginning the annual Catholic Services Appeal the Weekend of May 18/19. Our parish assessment this year is $88,685.77. This is $2,500 less than last year’s assessment. We are hopeful that your gifts and payments will exceed our assessment because the excess will be returned to the parish. In consultation with the Pastoral and Finance Councils, we have decided that any excess payments will be given to the Food Pantry. Please help our parish support the many ministries of our diocese and support the ongoing work of our parish. Thank you!
New this year we will have drawings from all CSA envelopes turned in each week for the first 4 weeks. If you decide to give using ONLINE Giving (new this year) go to Saginaw.org/csa we will take all of the names that have signed up in the weeks between May 18th and June 1st one winner each week will receive a prize. More information about this in the coming weeks.
Did you know that last year in our Diocese there were…
• 2,079 Catholic elementary and high school students who received a solid education in the faith
• 4,400 elementary and middle school and high school students who attended faith formation sessions
• 7 seminarians from our diocese that continue to grow closer to the Lord and the priesthood.
• 814 Baptized into the faith
• 118 that were received into full Communion
• 786 First Communions
• 842 people that were confirmed in the Catholic faith
• 311 couples that began a new life as husband and wife through the sacrament of marriage
• 1,370 funerals
The Pastoral and Finance Councils ask you to consider 1% of your income to be pledged to our CSA drive the weekend of May18/19. Please pray and reflect on this in the coming weeks.
Lord Jesus Christ,
Your goodness is without measure. The gifts you bestow on me are countless. You continuously put your grace on me and those in my life. I am forever grateful. Strengthen your family of faith, Lord, so each person we encounter may feel your love through our actions. In all that we do, conform us always to your holy will. As we undertake our annual Catholic Services Appeal, “Many Parts, Once Church,” we ask for your guidance as we strive to fulfill these promises that we offer up to you. We ask this through the intercession of Mary, Our Mother, assumed into Heaven and patroness of our beloved Diocese of Saginaw, and Christ our Lord. Amen.